51³Ô¹ÏÍø

Aid continues to reach flood-displaced, stranded people in Morocco

KENITRA, MOROCCO - FEB. 10, 2026: Humanitarian aid continues to reach stranded areas and camps set up for evacuees in Morocco following floods caused by heavy rainfall.According to Moroccan authorities, evacuation efforts are ongoing in the northern and western provinces of Larache, Kenitra, Sidi Kacem, and Sidi Slimane.Food and logistical assistance are being delivered to areas whose road links were cut due to flooding.Temporary shelters have been established in safe areas, particularly in Kenitra, for those affected by the floods.Around 15,000 people from approximately 3,000 families are being housed at the El-Hemamis camp near Kenitra.The four provinces have been hit by flooding since Jan. 28, as water levels in the Loukkos River continued to rise after the Oued El Makhazine Dam reached 156% of its capacity for the first time, causing it to overflow, according to official data.Moroccan authorities have set up temporary camps and relocated affected residents to designated shelter facilities.The reporter said rescue teams are using helicopters, military trucks, speedboats, drones, and specialized relief equipment to evacuate residents from affected areas.On Friday, Morocco’s Interior Ministry said that more than 154,000 people had been evacuated from the four provinces due to the floods.Flash floods hit the western city of Safi in Dec. 2025, killing 37 people.(Footage by Hicham Rachidi/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images)
KENITRA, MOROCCO - FEB. 10, 2026: Humanitarian aid continues to reach stranded areas and camps set up for evacuees in Morocco following floods caused by heavy rainfall.According to Moroccan authorities, evacuation efforts are ongoing in the northern and western provinces of Larache, Kenitra, Sidi Kacem, and Sidi Slimane.Food and logistical assistance are being delivered to areas whose road links were cut due to flooding.Temporary shelters have been established in safe areas, particularly in Kenitra, for those affected by the floods.Around 15,000 people from approximately 3,000 families are being housed at the El-Hemamis camp near Kenitra.The four provinces have been hit by flooding since Jan. 28, as water levels in the Loukkos River continued to rise after the Oued El Makhazine Dam reached 156% of its capacity for the first time, causing it to overflow, according to official data.Moroccan authorities have set up temporary camps and relocated affected residents to designated shelter facilities.The reporter said rescue teams are using helicopters, military trucks, speedboats, drones, and specialized relief equipment to evacuate residents from affected areas.On Friday, Morocco’s Interior Ministry said that more than 154,000 people had been evacuated from the four provinces due to the floods.Flash floods hit the western city of Safi in Dec. 2025, killing 37 people.(Footage by Hicham Rachidi/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images)
PURCHASE A LICENSE

Get personalized pricing by telling us when, where, and how you want to use this asset.

DETAILS

Restrictions:
Contact your local office for all commercial or promotional uses.NO SALES IN TÜRKİYE.
Editorial #:
2260923703
Collection:
Anadolu
Date created:
February 10, 2026
Upload date:
License type:
Rights-ready
Release info:
Not released.ÌýMore information
Clip length:
00:03:48:09
Location:
Morocco
Mastered to:
MPEG-4 8-bit H.264 HD 1920x1080 25p
Source:
Anadolu Video
Object name:
2